BIKES MEAN BUSINESS!
According to their Parliament, Europe enjoys €44 billion of economic activity from bicycle tourism annually. And in the United States, Oregon has arguably been the most successful in promoting bike tourism collecting $360 million in 2012 (The Economic Significance of Bicycle Related Travel in Oregon).
Bike tourism casts a wide net of economic, environmental and social benefits, but the industries that directly benefit from a membership with Bikabout include: Breweries, Cultural Institutions, Hotels, Restaurants, Retail, Transportation, Tourism and Vineyards and of course, Biking!
Hundreds of businesses in North America roll out the red carpet every day to people who want to to see cities by bike and we want to make sure this service is promoted!
Benefits of membership include:
- Priority listing in our lodging directory, Pinterest boards and Foursquare lists
- Banner ad on one city guide page
- Banner ad if your business is featured in a curated bikabout route
- Highlighted membership on a route map if an ambassador chooses your business as a rest stop
- Social media partnership via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare
- Lodging - curated bike route maps for guests in standard printing size. Printing a durable, waterproof map that mounts to handlebars costs $10-22 depending on quantity ordered.
- Beverage & Food $100
- Bicycle Rentals & Shops 50
- Cultural Institutions 100
- Lodging 500
- Retail 50
- Transportation (Airline, Bus line, Train) 200
25% of your membership gives back
We are committed to donating 25% of revenue every year back to local nonprofits that make our streets safer and more convenient for biking, walking and transit.