Bike Ride: Hoppy New Year, Boston! (part 1)
POSTPONEMENT NOTE - Originally, this event was intended to celebrate the New Year with a Winter ride of Boston's craft beverage scene...but Megan wished for snow and she got it. Because much of the route is on streets that are better enjoyed on the shoulders & sidewalks and the large amounts of snow prevents that, we're going to postpone the ride for Spring, post daylight savings on a day when Rob Burns, our route curator, can definitely join us!
Rob Burns is one of the founding brewers of nanobrewery, Night Shift Brewing, and this ride features part 1 of his favorite Boston craft beverage makers in Chelsea & Everett.
Part II, featuring Cambridge & Charlestown, will be scheduled for May.
What to bring?
- full belly in preparation for beer tasting
- water bottle to stay hydrated
- $2.10 or CharlieCard for T ride from Aquarium to Maverick
- front & rear bike lights
- normal clothing for beer or meal at Puritan, our final stop
- $10+ depending on how many beers or food you'll consume (Mystic, Night Shift, Idle Hands, Puritan)
- make a reservation at Puritan & Company for 5:30 or later if you want to enjoy a sit down dinner
We'll ride through mild snow or rain as long as the conditions are not treacherous