Tour de Taco in Vancouver
City Tour, 9 miles
This Taco Tour will bring you to Vancouver's best taco spots. The flat and easy route holds one big challenge: Pacing yourself - there is a lot of delicious treats to try on the way!
Note from Megan, Bikabout's founder: One of my favorite taco places in Vancouver, Bandidas Taqueria, is not included on this route simply because Kathrin hadn't been there yet. Bandidas is knowledgeable about gluten allergies, have great margaritas and gluten free chocolate cake.
Map & Logistics
- Spokes - $25+ daily for cruiser, city, mountain, road, tandem, kids, trail-a-bike, trailer, child seat
- Bayshore - $30+ daily for cruiser, mountain, hybrid, tandem, kids, trail-a-bike or trailer. Locks extra
- English Bay - $30+ daily for cruiser, mountain, folding, tandem and kids. Helmets and locks included.
- EzeeRiders - $24+ daily for cruiser, mountain, road, electric, tandem, kids, trailer.
- Reckless - $30+ daily for city, cruiser, road, electric, tandem, trail-a-bike, trailer and baby seat. Includes helmet, lock, basket and map.
- Start of route - Commercial on the Millennium Line
- End of route - Yaletown on the Canada Line
- System Map
What to Bring?
Empty stomach, cash or card for tacos and blanket or towel for the beach
A. Tacofino 2327 East Hastings Street | tacofino.com | (604) 253-8226
Tacofino combines West coast flavours and Baja cuisine in their amazing dishes. The Tuna Ta-Taco is one of the best things I have eaten in Vancouver, Wasabi Mayo and Mango Salsa give it an extra kick. Lunch: M-Su 11:30-3pm / Dinner: M-Th 5-10pm / F-Sa 5-12pm
B. Sal Y Limon 701 Kingsway Street, Unit 5 | salylimon.ca | (604) 677-4247
Try the delicious quesadilla at Sal y Limon. It's perfect for sharing and will make you fall in love with this little gem. 7 days 11:30am-9pm
C. The Fish Counter 3825 Main Street | www.thefishcounter.com | (604) 876-3474
This is not only a go-to for some of the best (and sustainable) fish and chips in town, their fish tacos are also exceptional! A must stop on Main Street. 7 days 10am-8pm
D. La Taqueria 2549 Cambie Street | lataqueria.ca | (604) 558-2549
This little Mexican joint is a lunch favourite and they offer great deals: 4 Meat Tacos for 9.50$ and 4 Veggie for 7.50$. Favourites include Pollo con Mole with a chocolate mole sauce and Al Pastor chicken with pineapple and chilli. M-Sa 11a–8:30p / Su 12p–6:00p
E. Go Fish! 1505 West 1st Avenue | (604) 730-5040
An institution close to Granville Island and located conveniently on the seawall route. Salmon or Oyster Tacones with a nice view? Yes please! M-F 11:30am-6:30pm / S-S 12-6:30pm
F. Burrito Brothers 2209 West 1st Avenue | www.burritobros.ca | (604) 736-8222
Close to Kits Beach, this is the spot to get your sunset-fix. Big burritos and delicious tacos go well with a 'Sol' beer.
G. Kitsilano Beach
Pedal back downhill to the beach and enjoy the view! There is also bike racks, changing rooms and washrooms available.